Strategies to Keep You Busy During the Downtime
- How will you communicate with patients while you’re closed?
- Find ways to stay “front-of-mind” so that patients will return to your business once you re-open (Example: Routine texts about products/services/appointments or even a weekly newsletter discussing at-home aesthetic routines or ways to make your treatments last).
- Virtual consults—Is telemedicine an option for your practice? If so, set up virtual consults and/or appointments (perhaps for strictly aesthetic practices, this means creating a line for communicating about skin issues or skincare regimens).
- Medical surgical supplies: Go to your distributor portal and download a 12-month usage report. Send us your usage report for analysis so you understand what you spent last year and where you could reduce costs.
- Merchant processing: Get your last two months of statements from 2019. Send us your statements for analysis so you understand whether you’re paying any hidden fees and how to get rid of them to reduce costs.
- Professional liability insurance: Get your policy and declarations together. Send us your policy and declarations for review so you understand your exposure and whether you’re fully covered for the services you provide.
- Finally, get an understanding of the loyalty programs you participate in so you can understand how/where you can maximize your savings through those programs.
- Review your office lease(s)
- Look at your staffing model to determine optimization
- What are you currently doing well? Where could you improve?
- Planning ahead: Set up marketing calendars for the remainder of the year (both digital & social and in-office- i.e. events, displays, signage, etc.).
- Where were your patients coming from in 2019? Perform an analysis on your leads and/or previous marketing efforts to determine what produces the best ROI.
- Check out articles from Turbo Medical Marketing for ideas on how to improve your marketing strategies
Setting Up New Processes:
- Front desk/check in protocols (this may change drastically in terms of hygiene)
- Front desk phone communication
- Front desk to consult hand-off
- Consult to treatment hand-off (are there opportunities to upsell at the front desk and convert at the time of treatment?)
- Are your manuals up-to-date and does your staff understand your policies!? Visit CEDR HR Solutions for up-to-date information on state-specific and legal regulations that you may need to know!
Training and Education!
- Now is the time to provide online training through ZOOM and/or affiliates to staff! Brush up on P&Ps, consult to conversion, sales, etc.
- Access clinical, business, and financial training wherever you can get it—fill your days with knowledge
- Create an account to access unlimited free trainings from last years GVAS 2019 event!
- Access free webinars from our own MedResults webinar archives
- Product/service mix: What products or services produce the best ROI?
- What products or services are in the highest demand at your practice?
- Who’s your target demographic and are you serving them (or even communicating with them)?
Plans for Re-Opening:
- Will you be ready to open your doors in May? June?
- Rehiring plan
- Inventory plan
- Communication plan