20 Tips to Make 2020 Your Best Year Yet!
2020 is Here.
Is your mission defined and strategy outlined so that on December 31st you can honestly look back proudly and say, “In 2020 we did our very best!”?
Make it your mission to build value in your practice every day to give prospects reasons to choose you over the competition and current clients to fall in love with you all over again. Here are 20 for 2020.
- Brainstorm for the best ideas. Meet with your staff to set your top goals for 2020 and post them. Incorporate your staff’s personal and professional and practice goals.
- Assess last year. Start with a 2019 SWOT analysis (Strengths/Weaknesses/Opportunities/Threats) to determine where business is in comparison to your strategic plan established last year.
- Develop a promotional/marketing budget. Your SWOT analysis can determine how well your marketing performed and how well you stuck to the budget last year. Stick to this year’s budget.
- Assess last week. Ongoing monitoring is vital to staying healthy. Take stock regularly so you can adjust the course quickly.
- Increase productivity. Put the 80/20 rule to work, focusing on the 20% that generates 80% of the revenue.
- Map out monthly marketing that reconnects. Follow up with — or woo back — inactive clients via calls, postcards and emails with promotions customized to them.
- Research trends. Educate and train your staff so they can educate your clients. Incorporate how your practice responds to trends in emails, SM and blogs.
- Establish yourself as your market expert. Amplify your About Us story online. Start with your purpose, show your expertise and how you serve needs like no one else in your market.
- Polish SM strategy: Level up your SM game with new video clips of your best brand ambassadors – your dedicated employees and delighted clients.
- Grow the future. Incentivize clients (and get buy-in) on new procedures to buy ahead of time with surveys and special pre-launch promotions.
- Rebook before they leave. Set new goals that will increase your rebooking percentages. School your front desk to make rebooking an assumption not a question.
- Fix what does not work. If your staff has regularly alerted you to some feature of the practice that causes problems, confuses clients, or derails sales, don’t wait. Stop it now.
- Express gratitude. Find ways to regularly thank your clients from simple thank you notes to VIP events that celebrate them.
- Build your rewards program. Regular touch-ups on procedures like XEOMIN® or Ultherapy® build repeat business. Rewards ensure clients aren’t lured away by specials offered somewhere else.
- Partner with your clients. Find new clients by developing incentive programs for clients to benefit from and pass on their positive recommendations.
- Express gratitude. To your staff. Your employees have many workplace options. Offer them something of significance to make them feel special and valued.
- Give employees a voice. Front desk staff interact with clients daily on the phone, online and face-to-face, and can offer you unique insights to improve.
- Give clients a voice. Offer a mechanism for client feedback, which can be invaluable to strengthen your practice. Encourage positive experience reviews online.
- Retain your team. Train your staff to gain new skills, advance their career and become a high-functioning, experienced, efficient and effective team.
- Rally your team partners. Partner with your KAM! Utilize the tools MERZ provides to help you succeed. We are your teammates, vested in your success. Use us.
Don’t forget to check out our recorded educational webinar, “20 Tips for 2020” with Linley Law of Merz Aesthetics HERE.
Original article contributed by Linley Law, Key Account Manager for the Southeast Region of Merz Aesthetics, a valued MRN Partner for over a decade. For more information about the KAM Program or Merz Aesthetics products and devices, you can schedule a phone consultation with Linley at Linley.firstname.lastname@example.org.